The Federal Skilled Worker program is managed by the Express Entry program from January 1, 2015.
Federal Skilled Worker program requirements:
In order to qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, Canadian Federal Skilled Worker applicants must fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Have professional work experience of at least one continuous year of full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment listed in the National Occupational Classification (O, A or B) in the last 10 years.
- Meet the required level of CLB 7 in language proficiency from a designated language testing organization. (CLB7: Band Score 6 speaking, listening, reading and writing)
- A Canadian diploma, certificate, or credential AND/OR a foreign educational credential, and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency approved by CIC to show it is equal to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential.
- Have enough money to support themselves and his/her family for six months after arrival in Canada.
- Score a minimum of 67 points under the following scheme:
|Years of study and diploma or degree obtained
|Level of English or French ( IELTS or TEF )
|Years of professional work experience
|Age of the principal applicant
|If you have a valid job offer
|Points for several factors that could help the applicant to adapt to Canadian life