New office location at Dhaka - 1st Floor, H-863, R-13, Avenue-3, Mirpur DOHS, Dhaka


Almost 130,000 students come to Canada from abroad each year for study purpose. Most foreign nationals must apply for a study permit to study at a Canadian educational institution. A study permit, once issued, allows a foreign national to study in Canada at an approved institute for the duration of the specified course or program.

No requirements of study permit in Canada

  • Course or Program is less than 6 months in duration
  • Family member or staff of a foreign representative to Canada
  • Member of a foreign armed force.

 Requirement for Student

  • Must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada;
  • Must have required level of language proficiency in English or French;
  • Obtain offer letter from college, university or educational institution in Canada.
  • Must prove that you have enough money to pay for tuition fees, living expenses including family members; and return transportation including family members who come with applicant in Canada.
  • Must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
  • Must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary;
  • Intend to leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay

A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) may also be required if the student is a citizen of a country from which Temporary Resident Visas are required for entry into Canada. A Temporary Resident Visa is not required for citizens of visa exempt countries.

Working in Canada as a Student

A student may be able to work in Canada under any CIC work program during the course of study under the following categories:

  • On campus without a work permit;
  • Off campus with a work permit;
  • In Co-op and Internship programs, where work experience is part of the curriculum, with a work permit.
  • In addition to this, spouses or common-law partners of foreign students are eligible for a work permit for the duration as the study permit.
  • After completing graduation, a foreign student may apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation work permit program. Under this program, the work permit may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years.
  • Foreign national may get extension or obtain new study permit for enrolling new program
  • Foreign national may get extension for work permit upon approval from employer.

Estimation of Funds

  • Single Student – CAD 10,000/Year Plus Tuition Fees (4,000-10,000 For 1 Academic Year)
  • One Family Member/Spouse- CAD 4,000 (Additional)
  • Each Family Member- CAD 3,000 (Additional)